Vocational Rehabilitation Consultant
humanworks is currently seeking individuals with qualifications in one or more of the following areas: Vocational Rehabilitation, Occupational Therapy, or Disability Management to join our team.
These full-time/part-time positions will involve working with teachers through the British Columbia Teachers’ Federation (BCTF) Health and Wellness Program, in order to support teachers, liaise with key stakeholders, and assist with return to work and accommodation processes.
We are seeking consultants in the following cities or towns (and surrounding areas):
Lower Mainland of Vancouver
At humanworks our emphasis is on improving the wellness of our clients, while supporting our team to grow and reach both their professional and personal goals. We are looking for someone who brings the energy and commitment that makes humanworks great.
- Comprehensive assessments of clients (including but not limited to client presentation; functional, psychosocial, mental health and employment barriers; return to work potential, etc.)
- Development of cost effective and rigorous rehabilitation and return to work plans
- Collaboration with various stakeholders, including employers and health care providers, to develop treatment and return to work plans
- Travel to and from appointments
- Complete, thorough, and timely report writing
- A bachelor’s or master’s degree in a related discipline such as disability management, occupational therapy, vocational/rehabilitation counselling, psychology
- Registration with the relevant body or eligibility for such, or accreditation/eligibility for accreditation in rehabilitation and/or disability management field (RVRP, CVRP, CCRC, CRTW, CDMP, RSW, OT)
- Experience in medical case management and/or vocational rehabilitation
Although we are ideally seeking an experienced vocational rehabilitation professional, new graduates from occupational therapy and vocational rehabilitation programs are encouraged to apply.
Skills and Requirements
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills (specifically to write plans and reports)
- Valid driver’s license, vehicle, and ability to travel
- Equipped home-based office (i.e. computer/laptop, fax line and fax machine, scanner, printer)
- Experience working in a computerized environment with common computer applications
- Superior time management and organizational skills to manage competing priorities
- Ability to establish and maintain objective and professional/collaborative relationships
How to Apply
If you are interested in this position, email your cover letter and resume to our Operations Manager, Meetu Dhaliwal at email@example.com. Only those considered will be contacted.